St Mary's Parish is committed to the introduction of the Alpha programme.
Alpha at St. Mary's
Our first Alpha programme was run early in 2017 with 26 Parishioners joining 10 team members to deepen their faith and experience the Holy Spirit at work. Whilst Alpha is an evangelisation tool used primarily to "introduce people to Jesus", it is also applicable to all those who wish to deepen their faith. St Mary's hopes that all Parishioners, especially those who assist as Extra-ordinary Ministers, will undertake an Alpha programme.
What is Alpha?
- Alpha is a series of interactive sessions exploring the Christian faith, typically run once a week for 11 weeks.
- Alpha was commenced in England over 30 years ago and now over 30 million people worldwide have experienced Alpha.
- This number continues to grow dramatically each year.
- Each session of Alpha looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation.
- Alpha is seen all around the globe, and everyone is welcome.
- Alpha runs in cafes, churches, universities, homes – you name it.
- No two Alpha’s look the same, but generally they have 3 things in common: food, a talk, and fellowship.
Next Alpha at St. Mary's
St. Mary’s next Alpha will be run at St. Mary’s Worship Centre , the Parish Bulletin will advise those, wishing to come along, the dates and times.
All Parishioners are encouraged to "come along" and "bring a friend".
If you are interested in the Alpha Program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are few of the Testimonials from the last session that ended in April 2018