Information & Reminders
Parish InformationLocation: 185 Billinghurst Crescent, Upper Coomera Qld 4209 Postal Address: PO Box 219 Upper Coomera QLD 4209 Office Hours: Mon – Fri from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Contact Numbers: Telephone: (07) 5529 9144 | Fax: (07) 5529 9644
Mass / Service Times
Your prayers are requested forParishioners and Friends: Brian Emery, Sarafina Zubovic, Monica Love,Peter Dillon, James Brandon, Tony Smith, Sharon McCourt, Christopher Echewodo, Joshua Erickson, Daniel Chang, Gillian McNamee, Lesley Robins, Charlotte Wilson-Edwards, Margaret Dean, Peter Murray, Maureen Cameron, Sophie Hastie, Grant Coulthart, Wesley Eliseo Benedet, Harry Hunter, Betty Sutherland, Andrew Pearcy Please pray for eternal rest to be given to: Recently deceased: Alona Villanueua, Gae McGlashan, Margaret Bourke, Rosita Serioga Stavropoulos, Francis David, Maria Schweder, John McCormick, Thomas Cullinan, Connie Carroll Anniversaries and Remembrances: Margaret Bourke, James Retchless, Bernard Beutel, Rebecca Saunders, Terry Byrnes, Patricia Winterbine, Ron Lyne, Alf Pearcy, Josie Humphreys, John Byrnes, Juanita Serioga, Cabading, Primitivo Campos Serioza, Cletus Echewodo, Cliff Wellspring, Nell Wellspring, Felicia Echewodo, Beutel family, Underwood family If you wish to have a loved ones name mentioned in the Parish bulletin for Anniversary, Remembrance or prayers for the sick, please contact the Parish office. Note: All prayers for the sick, anniversary & death notices will remain in the bulletin for one month. Envelopes to request Masses to be offered for the sick, dying, deceased or special intentions are available in the foyer. Mass cards are available from the Piety Stall.
- 1st Friday of the Month: 10am Anointing Mass – SMC (followed by morning tea) 6pm – 7pm Silent Adoration – SMC
- 1st Sunday of the Month: 9am Mass -Baptism Welcoming Mass – SMC (followed by morning tea)
- 1st Sunday of the Month: 9am Mass – Youth led Mass (followed by light refreshments)
- 4th Tuesday of the Month: 6.45pm Contemplation Prayer Group – Chapel
There is choir practice every Saturday at 4.30pm – 5.30pm in the Worship Centre. This practice involves all members of the choir, both those who sing at the 6pm Mass on Saturday and those who sing at 9am Mass on Sunday. New members are welcome.
To shine the light of Christ into the hearts and minds of young Christians in an uplifting, supportive, and fun environment For more information or to RSVP for Venire contact : Cassandra Balinas on 0416 145 472 or Steph Santos on 0411 669 876 www.venireyouth.com or https://www.facebook.com/groups/1124405870955696/.Please Remember the Parish in your Will Would you like to remember the parish in your will? Property, money, shares….there are many ways you can be remembered. Please contact the parish office Phone No. (07) 5529 9144 email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. All bequests can be made to St. Mary’s Parish, Upper Coomera Thank you.
Parish Mobile App.
The “SMC Coomera” mobile application is now available for download in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Click HERE for more info.
Stations of the Cross & Silent Adoration During Lent
We are encouraged to attend the Stations of the Cross which is re-enacted every Friday during Lent at 6pm, followed by 1 hour Silent Adoration finishing at 7.30pm.Training Times for Readers & Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist Date: Saturday, 30th March 2019 Place: Worship Centre Time: Readers at 10am | Eucharistic Ministers at 10.45am
Saint of the Day
- In other years: St Mark the EvangelistCelebrated: 25 Apr (worldwide)26 Apr (Australia, New Zealand)He was a cousin of Barnabas and accompanied the apostle Paul on his first missionary journey; later he followed him to Rome. He was a disciple of Peter, and his gospel is told from Peter’s point of view. He is credited with founding the Church in Alexandria. His […]
Archdiocese Two- Minute Homilies
Archdiocese Video Series- The Mass
Catholic Leader News
- The Risen Christ is here! Archbishop Mark Coleridge delivers powerful and timely Easter Homily
- Anzac Day trekkers tackle Kokoda trail in honour of legendary journalist Sean Dorney
- Killing is killing: Queensland bishops rally against push to legalise voluntary assisted dying
- Grief gripping Sri Lankan communities after Easter Sunday bombing attacks across island nation
- Returning to the battle zone that changed his life, veteran Greg Murty found a renewed joy for life
- Archbishop Mark Coleridge says a truly human society knows love is stronger than death
- Easter message – Let us be sure in our hope that the Risen Christ walks with us