Sacramental Program 2016-2017
Welcome to the Sacramental Program 2016
St. Mary’s Catholic Parish, Coomera invites Parents of Children baptised in the Catholic Faith who are currently in YEAR 3 or above to Register for 2016 – 2017 Sacramental Program
The Registration Nights are on Thursday 6th October 2016 at 6pm and on Saturday 8th October 2016 at 7pm
Fr. John Echewodo
The Timetable (2016 – 2017)
3 November 2016 – Parent’s Night (6-9 PM)
This is the first session which is dedicated to Parents of the children where we will explain the program and how you can assist your children in understanding their faith.
Guidelines and information for the Children Sessions:
When the children’s training begins there will be a general discussion and then we break up into our groups to answer individual questions and go through the workbooks.
It is essential that at least one parent sits with the child during this time so that they are aware of what is being taught.
Some children will not ask questions in a group but will ask a parent when they return home.
Children’s understanding is essential to the success of the program and their continuing in their faith
All Children’s sessions are from 6.00pm. to 7.30 pm, please below a summary of the topics and the dates.
- 10 November 2016 – Creed – God the Father
- 17 November 2016 – Creed – God the Son
- 24 November 2016- Creed -God the Holy Spirit and the Church
- 19 and 20 November 2016 (Weekend Masses) Presentation of Our Father
Sacrament of Confirmation
- 2 March 2017- Introduction to the Sacraments
- 9 March 2017- The Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism and Introduction to Confirmation)
- 16 March 2017- Confirmation (Gifts and Fruits of the Holy Spirit)
- 18 and 19 March 2017 (Weekend Masses) – Presentation of the Creed
May 11 2017- Confirmation Revision and Practice
[Confirmation date will be in May 2017- Exact date to be confirmed by the Archbishop]
Sacrament of Reconciliation
- 17 August 2017- The Sacrament of Reconciliation
- 24 August 2017- the Concept of Sin and Examination of Conscience
- Week of 26 September 2017 – Reconciliation Night (To be confirmed)
Note: This will be a short training in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
A more in depth training about Reconciliation will be scheduled 0n 2018 when these children will be older and better able to understand.
Sacrament of Communion (Eucharist)
- 5 October 2017- Eucharist Part 1
- 12 October 2017- Eucharist Part 2
- 22 October 2017 – First Communion
This should only be regarded as their first Communion. It is God’s wish that there are many more to follow